Travel Insurance for Cruise Holidays
Why is it important to get correct Travel Insurance when going on a cruise?
- Higher Cancellation Limits – to cover higher cost of cruises, and higher medical limits in case airlifting and transportation is required to get medical treatment.
- Length of Cruise – a cruise is often longer than a typical fortnight’s holiday, so normal time limits may not be adequate and a long stay policy may be required instead.
- Annual Travel Insurance – usually you can take as many trips as you like in a year, but individual trips are restricted to typically 30 to 45 days, so there may be extra cost to extend the length of the holiday cover beyond this.
- Worldwide Cover - your cruise may take in many countries, some of which may have restrictions for example due to political unrest.
- Age – although cruise holidays are now popular with all age groups, older travellers may find difficulty in obtaining cover.
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions – standard travel insurance may not cover these.
- Extreme Sports – ensure you are covered for unusual activities when stopping off at different ports eg jungle trekking, scuba diving, etc.
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
You should apply for and take your EHIC card with you to cover certain medical costs within most European countries. This does not however cover things like cancellation, lost luggage or emergency repatriation in the event of a serious accident.
Fully comprehensive travel insurance should therefore be taken out to complement the EHIC card.
How We Can Help
- It is vital to fill out the medical questionnaire as accurately as possible. This will avoid any confusion which could result in negating a claim. Our advisors are vastly experienced in helping with this.
- We can arrange cover for travellers with pre-existing medical conditions and again advise which conditions need to be declared.
- We are specialists in arranging travel insurance for older age groups.
- You may have been given a cheap quote, but we will advise on the best policy to ensure you are properly covered without having to pay a high excess.
Ring Christine Pearson or Susan Myers on 0191 284 8545 today.
They will make sure arranging your Travel insurance is plain sailing!